September marks the retreat of monsoons and the arrival of autumn. The weather is pleasant – neither too hot nor too cold. And for most tourist places in India, September is a part of the off-season. So, you can even avail heavy price discounts on flights and hotels.
Why should you travel in September/October?
September and October is the most underestimated season for Indian tourism. While some argue that the monsoons cause a hindrance, others continue to doubt the temperatures and humidity levels. But we can assure you, there are many places to visit in India during September.
To clear your doubts, we have already mentioned about the price discounts on flights and hotels. The weather is just perfect. The receding monsoons may result in little drizzle here and there. But otherwise, the temperatures are moderate. And did we mention that most of these places will be scarcely crowded? This means that you can head out to these destinations for a relaxed holiday, far away from the bustling crowd.
Which are the best places to visit in India in September?
Oh, the list of places to visit in September in India is endless. But to make life less troublesome for you, we have shortlisted the top 15 destinations. Scan through the list and start planning your holiday now!1. Ziro, Arunachal Pradesh: The World Heritage Site popular for the ‘Ziro Festival
2. Lachen, Sikkim: The ‘Big Pass’ in the small state
3. Dooars, West Bengal: Gateway to the hill stations of Bengal and North East
4. Kalimpong, West Bengal: The hill station of ‘The Raj’
5. Lonavala-Khandala, Maharashtra: Misty Mountainous getaway for the Mumbaikars
6. Tarkarli, Maharashtra: Stargazing and some beach time
7. Neemrana, Rajasthan: Heart of the Golden Royal Triangle of Rajasthan
8. Bundi, Rajasthan: Royal oasis in the culturally-rich state
9. Diu, Daman and Diu: Mini-Goa, minus the crowds
10. Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir: A true ‘Paradise on Earth’